Besides the croissants in the last post I did quite a lot of bread baking in the past two weeks. Some experimenting, some successful and some not, but not too much experimenting either as I want some edible bread in the end.
A while ago I seemed to have lost the touch with my main bread formula: Tartine. I decided to feed my starter twice per day with warm 37-38°C water, which seems to have made it a lot more active and better tasting as well. The levain I am making with the starter is now also done with warm water resulting in the levain being ready within 3 hours with much better flavor; more sweet and mild rather than sour.
Next up will be some experimenting with higher percentages of whole wheat and/or high extraction flour.